Pierce County Leader’s Council, Youth Opportunity Grants
(2018 Spring Kick-Off Clinic Applications for grants must be submitted to the 4-H Office no later than 1/5/2018)
Opportunity Grant Application Information:
Pierce County 4-H Youth Opportunity Grants are offered by the 4-H Leaders Council to encourage our 4-H youth to participate in out-of-county 4-H experiences, educational opportunities, and national competitions. Grants are awarded based on both the financial need and merit of the 4-H youth.
- The youth must be currently enrolled or participating as a Pierce County 4-H member. 4-H membership is available to all youths (kindergarten – 19 years of age) without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported to your local Extension Office.
An applicant may apply and receive a maximum of two grants during the course of one 4-H year. Total grants received by any one 4-H member may not exceed $200 in any given 4-H year.
Exceptions may be presented to the Scholarship Committee for consideration. The 4-H year is from Oct.1st to Sept.30th. Recipients of a Pierce County Leaders Council Youth Opportunity Grant must be prepared to share their experiences with other 4-H clubs and their community in the form of leadership, community service, or volunteering to help whenever help is needed.
- Application Requirements:
- Applications must be complete
- Submitted applications must be neat, legible, and completed by the applicant
- All required signatures must be on the application
- Completed applications are to be submitted to the 4-H County Extension Office on or before the
due date set by the Leaders Council for the upcoming event
District 3 Grants